This was announced bythe Secretary General of the Federation and Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha during the daily briefing of the panel on Monday.
Mustapha also said the ban on inter-state travel is still in place.
His full statement read: “After considering all factors mentioned above, the PTF submitted its recommendations and the PRESIDENT has approved the following for implementation over the next four weeks spanning 2nd – 29th June, 2020, subject to review-:
i. Cautious advance into the Second Phase of the national response to COVID-19;
ii. Application of science and data to guide the targeting of areas of on-going high transmission of COVID-19 in the country;
iii. Mobilisation of all resources at State and Local Government levels to create public awareness on COVID 19 and improve compliance with non-pharmaceutical interventions within communities;
iv. Sustenance of key non-pharmaceutical interventions that would apply nationwide and include:
-Ban of gatherings of more than 20 people outside of a workplace;
–Relaxation of restriction on places of Worship based on guidelines issued by the PTF and Protocols agreed by State Governments
-Managed access to markets and locations of economic activity to limit the risk of transmission;
– Ban on inter-state travels except for movement of agricultural produce, petroleum products, manufactured goods and essential services;
– Mandatory use of non-medical face masks in public places;
– Mandatory provision of handwashing facilities/sanitisers in all public places;
– Extensive temperature checks in public places;
– Maintaining 2 metres between people in public places;
– Strengthening infection prevention and control at healthcare facilities;
– Isolation of vulnerable populations (elderly and those with underlying health conditions)
– Massive information and education campaigns.
v. Deepening of collaborative efforts with the community leaders, civil society, faith-based organisations, traditional institutions, etc;
vi. Continuous mobilisation of State governments to take up greater role in the implementation of the guidelines and advisories provided by the PTF;
vii. Continued provision of support by the NCDC to States through guidelines to shape decision-making in responding to high burden LGAs and Wards; and
viii. Easing the total lockdown of Kano State and introduction of Phase One of the Eased Lockdown.”